Gwen in Beijing

A place for friends, family, and nosy busybodies to see exactly what Gwen's up to in China.

Friday, August 3, 2007

I'm A-Comin' Home!

This is probably my last post that I'll be writing from China.

In less than twenty-four hours I'll be leaving the PKU campus and getting on a plane for a looooong trip to Des Moines. It's so hard to believe I'm actually leaving. I've grown so used to my life here that I can't imagine leaving it all behind.

As difficult and scary as it was to leave Iowa, coming home is ten times harder. When I came to China, I was going on an adventure to a brand new place, and I knew I'd be home in two months time. But now I know exactly what I'm leaving and where I'm going, and I have no idea when/if I will return to China. Despite all this, I'm so excited to see my home and family that I'm bouncing off the walls!

Last night I went to a going-away dinner with JoAnn at the CAU, and today I'm doing some final shopping and packing. I hope to spend one last evening down by the lake, and then try to sleep one last time in my granite bed.

I'll be giving a couple presentations about my experience, and I'll post the times, etc. for those on this blog, so check back to learn more about that!

Until then, Dsai Jian!

3 Comments:

At August 4, 2007 at 4:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gwen! We are equally excited about seeing you again! You have made us all proud. Take care in your travels!
Love,
Mom

 
At August 4, 2007 at 6:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gwen!
Can't wait till you come home so mom will stop wondering if she should clean your room. It'll be hard to adjust from a granite bed!
Your favorite sister,
Millie

 
At August 5, 2007 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Mary Fitz said...

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA! I have nooooo idea when you'll get this because you either are home now or are coming very soon. YAY! Loved the last blog. Loved them all. And I think its funny how Millie wants to be favorite sister. Nice. =D!
(*)MAR(*)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home